Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 6,600 employees worldwide, including 250 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Service Desk Analyst, Tier 2, is to assist employees who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of technology applications, products, or services specific to NFP offices. Working closely with the UK team, this individual will work with Tier 1, 2 and Tier 3 Engineers, Managers and Directors in both the UK & US to resolve issues that escalate from the Tier 1 Service Desk. The Analyst is expected to be able to develop and implement solutions for the user based on their own research and any recommendations from higher level staff.
Overview of duties
- Provide advanced desktop support for all technology products and services. Support including answering questions, researching problems, in-depth troubleshooting, teaching/instructing users regarding software or hardware functionality, verifying resolution with users, and communicating policy where appropriate
- Records required user and problem information in the ticket system. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolutions entered upon completion of the job
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents all Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the users
- Works on projects as assigned by supervisor
- Perform onsite visits to offices within designated region
- Setup and test PCs for new and / or existing users.
- Respond to user hardware and software problems.
- Test, document, and assist with corporate initiatives as assigned by Manager
- Assist with management of mobile devices
- Provide support for all technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching, or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Determine the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue.
- Resolve all levels of work as assigned. Elevate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Communication Skills
- Must have good command of the English language to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support
- This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Interactions with Company Associates must be handled with diplomacy and tact
- Individual must be able to gauge the user's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language
- Decision making/judgement
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational and planning skills, including the ability to remain calm and manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment
- Capable of working on multiple projects and/or assignments in unison while executing decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules
- Although problem-solving guidelines may exist for some problems, situations may be encountered where procedures or instructions may need to be developed and documented
- The incumbent will work either on his or her own or with the larger technology team to resolve the issue and document the solution
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating System (Win10)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2013, 2016, O365)
- Experience with PC hardware build and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with mobile devices
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Good attitude and a desire to help others
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BSc degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working for a corporate level service desk
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Death in Service, Income Protection , Serious Illness and Pension
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like something you are interested in please apply, or contact Paige Hughes for further information.