Career: Compliance Officer
We’re hiring for a Compliance Officer
We’re NFP and we provide services and solutions to support businesses and people. We have capabilities that extend around the globe, including here in the UK, Ireland, EMEA, APAC and North America. It’s a time of rapid growth for the European arm of the business, so we are looking for someone to support the Compliance team in the delivery of strategic and tactical enhancements of the Group Compliance function, together with ensuring that both internal and external BAU compliance requirements are met.
About the role
We are recruiting for a Compliance Officer to support the Compliance team in the delivery of strategic and tactical enhancements of the Group Compliance function, together with ensuring that both internal and external BAU compliance requirements are met.
The role will be a key part of the compliance function collectively working to ensure the effective operations of NFP with relevant rules and regulations. This role will have a particular focus on our Commercial Insurance divisions across the UK & Ireland. However, the team works together across all divisions so there will also a requirement to support the team with general compliance activities.
Overview of duties
- Representing the compliance division to the business and providing suitable advice on regulations and compliance issues
- Providing support with our training & competence scheme. including implementation, monitoring, adviser development and administration
- Undertaking relevant research and diligence as required by the team
- Support in resolving and responding to complaints
- Supporting the compliance team in devising, implementing, monitoring and reviewing solutions to requirements arising from all applicable legislation, taking into account commerciality and practical application
- Keeping up to date with current compliance requirements across pensions, insurance, investments and mortgages
- Building relationships with key stakeholders in all business lines, including development of knowledge of their business aims, strategies and problems
- Collect and inform on relevant management information (MI)
- Undertaking general support and administration duties for the compliance division
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrable experience in compliance roles or similar within the financial services sector
- Specific qualifications are not essential for the role but candidates with relevant financial, compliance and/or legal qualifications will be preferred
- Strong knowledge of the UK or Irish regulatory framework and the FCA and CBI handbooks
- High degree of integrity with high ethical standards
- General understanding of key pieces of regulation, including the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR),and the CBI’s Individual Accountability Regime (IAR)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to adapt to new systems quickly
Education and experience:
- 2+ years’ experience within a compliance function
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 Hours
Location: Blackrock, Hybrid
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.