Career: International Account Manager
We’re hiring for a Commercial Account Manager
We’re NFP and we provide services and solutions to support businesses and people. We have capabilities that extend around the globe, including here in the UK, Ireland, EMEA, APAC and North America. It’s a time of rapid growth for the European arm of the business, so we are looking for someone to look after a portfolio of clients, providing administrative support and taking ownership of all areas of client service delivery, working in partnership with the relevant Consultant to provide outstanding customer service.
About the role
We are recruiting for an International Account Manager to look after a portfolio of clients, providing administrative support and taking ownership of all areas of client service delivery, working in partnership with the relevant Consultant to provide outstanding customer service.
Overview of duties
Gathering information – liaise with product providers, human resources, other third parties to conduct research on behalf of the client into their local markets and product options
Understand client aims and objectives, requirements as per IDD to ensure recommendations are suitable, particular to each country
Client servicing – respond promptly to client enquiries, in line with agreed levels of service, regarding their existing arrangements, renewals and any changes in circumstances. Use a worklog or a similar programme to ensure that clients are fully informed as to progress
Client/Broker management - ensure the relationship between the client or broker is managed effectively and work alongside the local broker for the client’s renewals and administration of the client’s benefit plans, ensuring the client’s objectives are carried out on their behalf
Attending client meetings/conference calls both with Consultants and individually as appropriate
Work in line with the agreed minimum standards and process guides for Account Management to ensure that all clients receive outstanding customer service
Updating system – keep the back-office system up to date with client information and provider/broker contacts to ensure that high levels of customer service are delivered
Client reviews and reports – producing detailed reports and summaries for client reviews as required ensuring clients receive the most up to date and relevant information and guidance and liaising with the Consultant on these
Teamworking – work in conjunction with the relevant Consultant to ensure that client expectations are exceeded in terms of the service levels and information provided, including taking part in calls and regular client update meetings
Account development/new business generation – generate market intelligence and key information regarding potential new opportunities to develop clients and increase the NFP portfolio ensuring this information is promptly recorded and passed onto the relevant person
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Display a positive attitude and behaviours
- Able to express clearly and positively, both verbally and in written communication
- Excellent organiser – including time management and prioritisation
- Manages own time effectively and able to manage the expectations of other stakeholders regarding delivery timescales
- Capable of developing innovative solutions for clients using knowledge and research skills as well as
- liaising across teams to deliver solutions
Education and experience:
- BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 Hours
Location: Birmingham, Hybrid
Who are we and what do we do?
NFP is a leading global insurance business with four core service lines:
- employee benefits
- insurance broking and consultancy
- HR consultancy
- wealth management
With 7,400 employees worldwide, including 450 in the UK and Ireland, we’re an outstanding company whose passion for building relationships is founded on trust and communication and is at the very heart of everything we do.
What you’ll love about us
We may be a global business, but our culture is united and truly collaborative. We strive to adopt a genuinely flexible approach to working, and we have the technology to make it as easy as possible for our people around the world to connect to one another, and to be productive in and out of the office.
We want everyone to bring their best selves to work each day, so we have a relaxed and casual office environment, plus great employee benefits and socials. Joining NFP means you’ll get plenty of opportunities to invest in your career and personal development.
Attractions - NFP
- We pride ourselves on our fast-paced, collaborative, vibrant working environment and hybrid model for part-remote working
- Our PeopleFirst culture means our people work in a flexible and autonomous way and have the freedom and expertise to deliver outstanding service to clients in the way that they know-how.
- We build partnerships with organisations that can complement our client offering and we invest in new technology to deliver innovative solutions in our given markets.
- We focus on making sure that people can bring their best selves to work every day; and that they are placing as much importance on family and community as they do their valuable work.
- Our diversity and inclusion initiatives and charity work form a large part of this. NFP has an Executive Board member who is dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and has a D&I Board made up of individuals from across our entire business.